Tuesday, February 21

Bendick's Room Makeover

My project for the last month. I don't have any good before pictures. The walls were dark paneling, which shouldn't be too hard to imagine.
 And we now have blue! Valspar's Crispy Blue. I like it. And the trim paint is just white paint from Wal-Mart. Mom and Amy came few a few hours one afternoon, and helped paint the walls (You didn't think I did all that myself did you?).

 The wall behind the bookcase wasn't there originally. Clark built a stud wall and put shelving in there, and I now have a "walk-in pantry". I should post pictures of that too sometime. The bookcase itself is an antique lawyers bookcase. It used to have glass doors at some point in it's life. I looked online to see if I could find any, but didn't have success. It seems the bookcase lasts longer then the doors. I suppose if I wanted to, I could have someone that knows what they are doing build me some and restore the thing, but not sure if it's worth it. Anyway. The bookcase is from Clark's great-grandparents, Hershey, I think. I'm looking for curtains for the closet door. And I need to get a quart of paint and paint the closet interior and touch up a few spots on the walls.
Looking the other direction.
 Curtain close-up. Wal-Mart fabric and made them myself. It was easy. I considered tan walls after I bought the fabric, but I only have about three other rooms that are going to have tan walls, and I wanted some variety.
Wall words. I bought these at Bargain Bills, and painted them myself. I was quite pleased with how they turned out, as I am not very artistic. Benny "helped" paint the K. I just need to figure out how I want to hang them on the wall. I also want to get this picture for the room as well.
Watching the process of hanging curtains and blinds. Notice "Petie". Petie, or "Woof-woof" as Benny calls him, has become an important part of life in the last week. He eats, sleeps, goes to church and plays with Benny, and would take baths, wash dishes, and go shopping, if Mom would allow such things. I'm kind of glad in a way that Benny did attach to something. I'm hoping it will make overnights easier. Though then we run the risk of loosing Woof-woof, which would be sad.
All moved in! He slept just fine the first night, better then we did in fact.
Hooray!!

Now on to other things. Cleaning and SOS this week. Then shall I tackle my bedroom?!

3 comments:

  1. It looks marvelous! I really like those wall letters, that's a good idea. jmb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, it turned out beautifully. So glad for you and Benny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do like the way it all turned out. You did a good job. The curtains and the letters are really cute. You did a very good job painting the letters. We don't always agree on interior decorating and fabrics and such, you know, but I really, really do like this.

    ReplyDelete