Tuesday, June 19

Sort of Breaking the Silence


   This blog hasn't been very active lately. But I have an excuse, a really good excuse. You see, I've been sick for the last several months.  And I kept hoping I'd get better. But I haven't, at least not like I was planning to. With Benny's pregnancy, I felt really good after 1'st trimester.  Not this time. So maybe I"ll have one of those be-sick-for-nine-months deals. And no, peppermint, ginger, vitamins, and even nausea meds. don't really help me. Ugh! Anyway. But we are happy and excited about the new baby. So in the end it will be worth it, hopefully. I keep reminding myself that I'd much rather have this "problem" then be facing cancer or Lyme or something like that. We got to see our healthy, active baby via ultrasound the other day. For anyone having a rough pregnancy, do an ultrasound. It makes the bad sick days more bearable.
   And so I am learning to pace myself very carefully. To work on the days that I feel well, and on the bad days, to be ok with not doing. Which means my expectations have to be kept very, very low, because there are more bad and middling days then good days so far. To make sure that I save enough energy to take care of Benny all day if nothing else. And people were very kind and took good care of us when I was at my worst.
   Benny had a few rough weeks of adjustments. But the last month has been much better. And it did help when I got through the worst of the sickness and could intelligently take care of him again. He's just pretty sure I should be able to understand everything he babbles. He loves being outside, and goes nuts on days like today when it's raining too much to go outside.
   Speaking of rain, it's been raining a lot this past week or so. I've been enjoying it. But my poor garden is looking like a jungle. Perhaps on a sunshiny day if I feel well enough, I can do something about that.
  And now I must see if that pile of clean laundry can be tackled, and my wardrobes changed out. I need to bake bread too, but that's going to have to wait for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Well, it sounds like you're at least doing better than when we were at home. Hope you do come out of the yucky stuff sooner than I did with Havilah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to have you back, Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete