Saturday, May 6

Photo of the week (May 6, 2010)

Camera: Nikon D5000
Lens: 18 - 55 VR
Shutter Speed: 30 Seconds
Aperture: F5.6
ISO:  400
Focal Length: 55mm 
White Balance: Shade



          This photo wasn't taken this week. I reserve the privilege to go as far back in my archives as I like to find something that stirs my interest at the moment. Actually this picture is a little over a week old.
          The photo you see here, is more about an idea than composition. I experimented with a flashlight and a long exposure. I used the flashlight to light the tree from the one side. The rest of the light you see is either the yard light or a town off in the distance.  I hope to have time to do more of this. It opens up a whole new window of photo ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Now admit that you got that idea from me.... Okay, you don't have to. I've tried that before and not really had a very good result (mostly because I didn't think it through beforehand) Anyway, that was back in my film days. I don't take enough pictures anymore. I have a gripe though Clark, I don't get notified when this page gets updated. I do when you post on your main page, but Blogger doesn't inform me of changes in this page. It's not a big deal, but I thought I'd tell you anyway.

    ~GB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, about time for a new one... I like the new one for your header by the way. ~GB

    ReplyDelete