Thursday, December 3

Clips of Favorite Christmas Songs

A few clips from songs that I'm enjoying the message of this season.

Mary Did You Know?
"Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you.

Mary did you know that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
And when you kiss your little baby, you have kissed the face of God.

The blind will see, the deaf will hear and the dead will live again.
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the Lamb.

Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
This sleeping child you're holding is the great I AM." --Mark Lowry

Hallelujah Chorus

"...The Kingdom of this world
Is become the kingdom of our Lord
And of His Christ
And He shall reign forever and ever
King of kings and Lord of lords...
Hallelujah!" --George F. Handel

In the Bleak Midwinter
"Our God, heaven can not hold Him, nor earth sustain;
Heaven and earth shall flee away when He comes to reign.
In the bleak mid-winter a stable place sufficed
The Lord God Almighty, Jesus Christ.
...What can I give Him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
Yet what can I give Him: give Him my heart." --Christina Rossetti

Hark The Herald Angels Sing
"...God and sinners reconciled...
...Light and life to all He brings,
Ris'n with healing in His wings;
Mild He lays His glory by,
Born that man no more may die,
Born to raise the sons of earth,
Born to give them second birth..." --Charles Wesley

Edited to add: So what are your favorites this season?

3 comments:

  1. The girls and I have been singing It Came Upon the Midnight Clear. Yesterday I was paying attention to the words.
    Here's the third verse:
    Yet with the woes of sin and strife
    The world has suffered long
    Beneath the angel strain have rolled
    Two thousand years of wrong;
    And men, at war with men, hear not
    The love-song which they bring;
    O hush the noise, ye men of strife,
    And hear the angels sing.

    I am so inspired again with our Christmas carols. They're full salvation and Jesus' second coming.

    Here's verse four:
    For lo! the days are hastening on,
    By prophets seen of old,
    When with the ever circling years,
    Shall come the time foretold,
    When the whole heav'n and earth shall own
    The Prince of Peace their King,
    And the whole world send back the song
    Which now the angels sing.

    Praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for adding that. I was going to say that people should comment with their favorites. Another one I am liking is 'We Three Kings'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to add "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" but it just doesn't seem like it would quite fit.... ~GB

    ReplyDelete