Wednesday, August 18

Family Reunion

Hi,
         What a weekend!! My mom's side of the family decided to get together for a reunion. It was worth every minute of it.
         My wife and I arrived Friday afternoon to find the campground looking more like a swampy place for frogs, snakes, and alligators. No fault of the campground, they had just had a lot of rain. So, upon looking at the conditions of the various and sundry spots to put up our tent, we settled for a graveled spot that seemed to come up from the surrounding area a few inches. With that and a tarp over our tent, we did manage to stay dry in spite of the downpour of rain that followed. When I say dry I mean the only water that came into our tent was what we brought in with our feet.
         One of the first fun activities to commence was a water battle. I personally did not take part due to the fact that I saw it necessary to document the proceedings with my camera and I did not think it prudent to join in with the sensitive electronics and all. I should also add a confession that carrying a camera also offered a great point of reasoning to various maliciously prone parties of water warriors; I would be sore displeased if my camera were to be threatened, thus I avoided getting wet. There were others that were not so fortunate. A thoroughly soaked troop of the water warriors seemed to have no conscience and took a great pleasure in practicing their watery craft on innocent bystanders.
        I did manage to get wet though, but it was due to my own fault. I attempted to leap gracefully over a mud puddle only to have the first leg that attained the intended side, lose all traction. I consequently came to rest on the opposite side, not on my feet, but on my rear. (Why do you find that funny?)
        On Saturday, a large portion of the male gender went out to the lake in pursuit of the creatures that live therein. They were not unsuccessful and came back with enough fish to do for Saturday evening supper. It was delicious!! I didn't personally go fishing, but stayed behind to play games and visit. I do not wish to talk about the games, other than to inform those that I played with, that I am really not that bad of a rook player.We played Catan too, and I did no better in that either. Seriously though, it isn't about winning and losing, it is about being with family.
        Perhaps one of the most fond memories I will take away, was singing together. That was really precious to me. I forget how well my moms side of the family can sing. I look forward to the day when we get to heaven and we will be able to sing for as long as we want and neither us or our voices will tire of it. I want to say thank you to all my cousins that joined in the effort to have some songs for Sunday morning church.
        Sunday was really special. Each one of the families got up and shared something. Then the cousins sang. There was a class for the children. Grandpa had a little to share. I don't think I will ever forget him sharing on the plan of salvation. Grandpa also prayed a blessing on us all by going through and praying for each one of the children and grandchildren by name. It brought back memories when I was a boy in grandpa's living room. It would take forever for him to get done. Now I realize how precious that is and I want to thank you for it Grandpa.
            Anyway before I start to meander through long pontifications on various and sundry subjects I will conclude my dissertations on the various activities of the previous weekend.

So Long!!

Clark

Here is a link for photos from the weekend. 

4 comments:

  1. Very nice, Clarky. Your pontifications were quite thorough as well. :) I read it out loud to Elv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clark, that picture of Mom and Dad is priceless... Esp. cuz I peeked during prayer and watched Mom go up and join Dad. What a great weekend. Shilah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Clark I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an excellent job of writing the feel of the reunion! Can I print it out for my scrapbook? The only thing I regret over the whole weekend are all the many little groups of conversations happening every where and I couldn't listen in on ALL of them....and I'm seeing how many I missed out on too now that I'm seeing all the pictures. Thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete