Wednesday, August 18

Random Bits

     Well I think it's time for another post. I'm not exactly sure what to post about. I was wondering around the Internet looking at various peoples blogs, and felt very inadequate to post anything remotely interesting. I've decided that the people with the more interesting blogs (1.) are social people to begin with and (2.) have children to post about. I feel like my posts run along the same lines, pregnancy, gardening, weather, and maybe what we've been doing lately. Maybe you all should give suggestions about topics for me to post about. And then I won't promise to post on those!
     We had a Skrivseth reunion this weekend, but Clark is preparing a post on that, so I'm not going to steal his thunder. I will say that it was very fun and enjoyable, and I enjoyed learning to know everyone better. The fun part for me is that Clark is the oldest grandson, so a few of his aunts are not very much older then he is. Which makes them about the same place in life that I am, so we have lots of things in common. It was good to reflect on family and heritage.
     We've had a lot of rain this summer, and quite a few bad storms. I think we've run to safer quarters about 4 or 5 times now. One Saturday night we crept into moms a little after 10:30, and left again at 5:30. If Grandma hadn't come down in the middle of the night, no one would ever have known we were there. Ok so that was the weather post. I've been able to have my windows open all day and night for about 4 days in a row now. I can't remember when that last happened!
     The gardening bit, not much to report. My garden and flower bed wimped out this year. Not sure if it was the weather or the garden or the gardener. I do have lovely carrots. I planted blueberries as an experiment, we'll see how they do. The one plant already looks a little sad. 
     The pregnancy part, well let's see. It's getting awfully close for comfort. I've got less then three weeks now. I was looking at pictures from the weekend, and told Clark that I can see the extra  **lbs. If I gain that much with each pregnancy, help!! I washed car seat covers etc. today , and took bleach water after what I couldn't launder. We still need to set up the crib and rearrange the bedroom. I need to go shopping for a few odds and ends. The poor child will come into this world with no socks or blankets if I don't do something about it soon. What are some things you all wish you would have had for you or the baby that you didn't have? I have a list but I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting. I asked at the reunion this weekend, and Evie mentioned those ear/nose bulb thingys. Which is a necessary thing I had totally forgotten about, so I'm sure I haven't thought of everything else either.
     I've been enjoying the cooler weather. It makes me think of fall. I always get the itch to start school or something at this time of year. I guess that once you do school for 12 years you can't shake the feeling at the turn of summer. So I plan projects and dig out old handwork and get the urge to raid the local library. I've decided to read up on history, since that was my favorite subject in school.
   So anyway, that's the latest from me. There's ladies Bible study tonight, but I decided I'd rather stay in my house and spend a cozy eve. with my man. Clark and I are hoping to spend time on the water Sat. fishing or something. I suppose that will be the last of my boating and fishing for the season.
    Have a good week, all of you!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see "him"... I shall laugh like crazy if that baby turns out to be a girl and we have been calling her "him"!

    ReplyDelete