Wednesday, February 23

In Everything...

     In the last two weeks, the furnace needed repairing, the fridge wouldn't keep things cold anymore, both cars went to the shop, Dru's card got sabotaged, the dryer wouldn't dry clothes, the one car was still spewing anti-freeze after it came home from the shop, and the bathroom sink drain needed fixing. I say all that to say that Clark was to preach this past Sunday (at our church, the lay members are sometimes asked to take a turn), and he spoke on praise. I told him that it seems the Lord likes to test us on what we speak about to see if we really mean it. At least that's how it is for me. Anyway, I had to giggle yesterday when he prayed at supper, "Please don't let anything go wrong for awhile now."  He said after prayer, " I'm just being really frank and honest with God. It's not like I think it's His fault, but I could do with a little peace for a time now." At least the repairs were all minor, and everything is working again.

1 comment:

  1. This made me chuckle... I know about how you feel I think! ~GB

    ReplyDelete