Friday, March 4

As Time Goes On

     It's March. The days are warm(er). We are dreaming and scheming of home and yard improvement projects. A trip to Menards to window shop is planned. One of these days Clark and I will attempt to dig into the depths of the back room for the box of painting supplies (yes, it will take both of us!), and I will finish the bathroom project that got interrupted when I was pregnant with Bendick. Spring is always so full of the promise of life, and I get the ambition for projects.
     Benny has figured out how to explore his world. He doesn't go very far, or very fast, but he certainly gets around. He's been hinting that he'd like to try big people food, and I've been sort of ignoring him. I did order a food grinder that should be here next week.  I"m going to have a classic mommy moment now, and wonder why he couldn't stay little just a bit longer?
     I'm supposed to teach Nehemiah 6 for ladies Sunday School this coming Sunday. It's been interesting. I have a feeling that Nehemiah was perhaps one of those men we wouldn't get along with very well. He had a vision, and he pursued it, and he got it fulfilled.
     Oh and as a postscript to the last post, the next problem was coming home from Northern MN and discovering that our drain had frozen. In the process of thawing the drain, Clark discovered that our mobile home is in danger of slipping off it's foundation.  So, yet another project added to the to-do list. It's not anything dangerous yet, so we can hopefully wait for a nice warm day after the snow goes.
      And that's everything from our house for now. Have a good weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have interesting lives right now. I hope your house doesn't fall down! ~GB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clark decided it's mostly frost heave, although the supports underneath are off center, and do need to be re-done. But at least we're not in much danger of the house falling over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been enjoying Nehemiah immensely. I admire his vision, purpose and drive. And yes, I agree that he may well have been difficult to deal with...maybe we have something in common :) Give that baby a hug for me and know that I love you guys...Susan

    ReplyDelete