Friday, August 5

Tidbits

     This is going to be a random post. I'm sitting on the couch eating chips and taco dip. My house is clean. I gave it a lick and a promise too many times during the last month, and Monday morning a poor frog went hopping across the living room floor, covered in lint and wound about with hair. We rescued him, and released him to the outside world, and he hopped away so I assume he survived. I have absolutely no clue how he got inside. But I decided it was high time to do a deep clean.
     We've had two camp outs and one wedding so far this summer, and one campout and one wedding to go before the end of August. I told Clark today that I want to pack to go somewhere and all I have to take is my clothing. No food, no bedding, no towels, no camping gear, no fishing gear, etc. But it will all be fun and we've always survived so far.
     We attended a really sweet wedding last Sat. The bride has been suffering from Chronic Lyme disease for almost a year I think. Or maybe longer. But the groom stuck with her through it, and they are very happy. It was good to be reminded about love and commitment, and to see it in real life. Just because everything is fine and good and happy when you get married, doesn't mean that something bad won't happen after you are married. 
     The small man of the house is doing well. He still doesn't have very much interest in eating real food. I guess someday he will get hungry. This week he decided that he'd rather try to feed himself. Which consists of pushing food around his tray with a spoon. Or dropping it on the floor. But definitely not more then a few pieces in the mouth. Clark accidentally captured him doing this last night, and I'm uploading it for my mom to see. Oh and Clark wants you to know that he's not swearing on the end, he's saying, "I got that on video! I can't believe I got that on video!". Clark was playing with the video setting, and Benny decided randomly to practice his walking.Edit: Here is a link for the video.
      Well that's a small update on our lives. I hope you all are having a good summer as well.

2 comments: