Tuesday, April 12

It's Spring!

    The last two days have been lovely!! Benny and I enjoyed being outside. Benny discovered that dried leaves are fun to crush, but not so fun to eat. :)  I cleaned out my flower bed and took note of what survived the winter and my gardening abilities. Afterward I sat down with a Jungs Seed magazine and did some more dreaming and scheming. I think this year I'll add butterfly bush and hollyhocks. I also want to try morning glory again. Last year they never came up, but last year was a dud year for gardening, at least for me. Today I planned to rake leaves off my lawn, but I discovered the rake is still solidly frozen in a cake of ice in the shed. I'm afraid the grass might grow before the rake is freed.
     I'm ready to tackle spring cleaning and organizing. It quite overwhelming to think about though. But it's going to feel good when I'm done and stuff is organized and unnecessary stuff is thrown away. Then I can go buy more stuff....hopefully NOT.
     Speaking of buying stuff, we went to a thrift store in a town about 45 minutes from here. It was a fun store, and I found quite a few treasures. One of which was an old rocking horse. His mane and tail need some help, and he needs a few coats of finish, but it's good and solid. I knew it was one of those things I'd kick myself for the rest of my life if I didn't get it. And Clark didn't think there was much question about whether or not to leave it there.  Someday perhaps I'll show you a picture of it.
     Tonight we are going to have hamburgers for supper. That will be a nice spring time treat. Clark also talked about starting on our back room. I think we've finally figured out how to turn it into a bed/storage area that's going to be workable and look nice.
     Another thought, it struck me when I was reading Genesis 1 this week, that God created heaven. I guess I always thought that He lived in heaven, and stooped to coming to earth. But nope, He created heaven too, on the second day. Wonder why we don't really hear about it. And it makes God seem way bigger, if he has to stoop to even fit in heaven, let alone earth.
     That's my thought for the day. Enjoy spring!!

1 comment:

  1. It's spring here, too. But you oughtta see the mess I'm making in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete