Thursday, April 21

The Late Great Bathroom Project

     So, after my moan here, Benny adjusted his sleeping schedule, and I got my bathroom done.
     Before. As in, a long time ago, like when we moved in. It was ugly, trust me. At least the flooring was new.

 
     I started painting it a long time ago, then the project was stuffed while I did baby and other things. A few weeks ago I waded in again. Origanally I was going to paint a dark green strip around the top and put up a wildlife border. Then I saw a picture online that gave me another inspiration. The bathroom is small, and I wanted to make it look bigger. So now we have...

...this!
And I really like it, I think. (Sorry about the picture quality.)
     It's still bare-bones, there's a few pretties to add yet. I'm planning to have a wildlife/north-woods theme. I'm hoping to find some figurines, bear, moose, loon, etc. I can't decide if I like the green shower curtain though. Might have to replace that.  And I'm going to find a curtain for the window instead of those silly shades. But having the painting done feels really good. My next painting project is likely going to be Bendick's room. I've been looking online for ideas. And then there's my bedroom, the main bathroom, and the living room walls, most likely in that order. Since I average a painting project every year and a half... well, you do the math. By the time I am finished, we'll move, and I can start again!

 Quote Of The Week:
       Clark, after he spent about four hours in the backroom: "We have too much stuff!! All we need is table and chairs, food, the clothes on our backs, and our Bibles. Everything else can go!!"

5 comments:

  1. It is good! And I heartily agree with Clark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree on most of that, except I think he needs one more set of clothes in case you decide the one he has on needs to be washed. Very nice bathroom too. I don't know what to do with my bathrooms...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very nice......Tell Clark that in about another 6 years he will look back and say that the amount of stuff you have now would look good compared to what you may have then.

    ReplyDelete