Saturday, March 13

March Thaw or Spring Proper?


Greetings,
Coming to you from a foggy, damp, and rainy northern Wisconsin. I am some what reluctant to classify this as spring proper; that probably has to do with my past experience. It always seems that we have this thaw and then suddenly, like a wounded lion, winter hurls one last mighty snow storm. So we shall see. For now we will deal with the side effects of 12" of snow melting and a week of never ceasing rain.
One of the most inconvenient side effects for me, is our drive. Our main parking area turns into a very muddy and watery sort of place. I thought maybe I had planted our car in the midst of it the other day, but with a little more acceleration and gentle rocking it came out. It really wasn't that serious, but the ruts I left would have said other wise. So today I had some spare time and thought maybe if I punctured a hole through the frost it would drain. I think maybe it worked but can't be sure. Imagine a grown man in rubber boots out playing in the mud puddles.
Anyway until next time.
--Clark Graber--
P.S. If this is in fact spring proper, it is just ducky with me!!
QUACK!!

6 comments:

  1. Nice duck picture. Spring would be just ducky with me too. We've been having rain all week here as well, but hopefully we get some sunshine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoying your posts Clark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you get the duck picture?... Zoom way in or what, I've tried ton's of times and there is no way you're going to get within 20 feet of a duck on land and take a picture... Unless I'm just to noisy, which is definitely a possibility!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this grown man is probably more likely to use the rubber boots than he was when he wasn't grown yet. Got my feet wet in supposedly water proof leather boots trying to navigate the mud puddles at work recently. Not fun.

    It can't be spring proper yet, but today, Sunday the 14th sure feels like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like I had five comments to moderate and only four showed up. Not sure what makes a post vanish like that, so to whoever it was please retry if you wan to be heard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure how far I was zoomed in, it couldn't have been to far because the light was really low. We were in the canoe and being extremely quiet, I guess that is how we got so close.

    ReplyDelete