Monday, April 26

Moving Grandma

Hi folks,

Well, that was a busy weekend. We moved my Grandma from her apartment to an apartment my uncle built for her. It was a perfect day for moving, seeing that it rained most of the morning. There is this uncanny phenomena about rain. One of the greatest ways to bring it on is to plan something that works better in dry weather. I guess I should quit complaining, because number one God sent it, and number two we really did need it. We need lots more of it too. Any one else need to move?
My wife and I were the first ones to arrive at grandma's, seeing that we were supposed to be there at nine o'clock in the morning. We arrived a little before nine. I calculated backwards for the Graber time factor, if I had used the calculation correctly we would have arrived at quarter after nine with the rest of them.
Anyway, as the first introductory drops of rain were gracing the earth with their presence, we began moving stuff out. Thankfully we were able to get most of it in some sort of an in closed transportation device. We had lots of hands and it went really good. A couple from the church, brought in lunch. I think the highlight of the lunch was the donuts. It was a good thing we could sit in our vehicles for about two hours and let it all settle.
Fortunately the rain ceased with our arrival to Grandma's new home. The mud was still with us though, and we had to lay down plastic to protect the nice new floors. About mid- afternoon we had it all moved in. The battle was far from over though, because the ladies had to work at it for awhile to disappear all the boxes. It was impressive how they were able to put all that stuff away. I didn't know if it would be possible. It is amazing how that apartment turned from some empty rooms with barren walls to a place that my Grandma will call home.

Here is a link to pictures from the weekend.

Catch you later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment