Saturday, April 17

Photos from Nebraska Trip

Hi,
The long awaited Nebraska post is finally here. I wasn't sure what angle to portray, whether I should tell about what we did in NE or if I should simply post some of my favorite photos and some photos that I am trying to decide if I like or not.
I guess you will have to follow along and decide for yourself which angle I took.
The above photo was taken on purpose, but I am still trying to decide if I like it or not. I purposely lined up the rows in the field to project them selves toward the horizon at the approximate center of the photo. This also lends to a symmetrical effect on the photo. My problem is those nasty trees on the horizon. Just one tree would have been perfect, but there are several and it leaves you wondering what you are supposed to be seeing. Any way it does tell us something about Nebraska, there are lots of fields.

Friday evening we went down to a very old grave yard and that was interesting. I will confess I was too busy taking pictures to actually read some of the stuff on the stones there. I used a long lens to make the sun look so big on the tip of the grave stone.



More photo shop simply because I wanted it Black and White. Is adding a touch of sharpening cheating too? I think this photo speaks for it self. I saw this on a Saturday afternoon cruise with our Nebraska friends.

What we really went to see Saturday afternoon were sand hill cranes. We saw lots and lots of them. This is one of my favorite shots. (Cropped by the way) I think it was doing some sort of courtship dance and was looking for something to throw into the air.

At sunset we went down by bridge to watch the cranes come in for the night. This is about my favorite of all the pictures I took at the bridge.
Anyway before this post gets long and rambling.... Just one more picture.


A precious little daffodil in Jenny's flower Garden. I hope you enjoyed reading this post.

Till later.





3 comments:

  1. Very nice Clark, we shall have to have another shootout when we come up there sometime. Maybe you can find a good location for that in the meantime....

    ~GB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for trying to capture Nebraska, Clark. I used to live there. I agree, the extra trees don't add the effect you would want in the picture, but then I heard that people trying to capture Iowa as a flat, treeless world of cornfields had to cross a state line to get the pictures they wanted.

    My digital camera gave out. Maybe I'll try and get a digital SLR when I get around to replacing it.

    Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well once more i'm impressed with you photography skills :) keep it up

    ReplyDelete