Wednesday, December 15

A Few Questions

     5:30 am is way too early to be starting a blog post. It's also way too early to be out of bed as well. A certain son of mine needed to have his diaper changed, and he doesn't sleep through diaper changes as well as he used to be able to. So he is currently lying on the floor beside me halfheartedly playing toys. In a few minutes he will be sleepy, and we will head back to bed for a few hours of sleep.
     We had our snowstorm. It wasn't as dramatic here as they had predicted at one point; the main thrust of the storm went south of us. Sometime I want a storm to hit us with a foot of snow. But we did get about 8 inches out of this storm, which was a nice amount. It's terribly cold now. We ended up going to Mom and Dad's for the storm because Mom needed Clark's help to reformat her computer.
*************************************
      Well, that was as far as I got yesterday. So let's see... what else. Oh, how does one get a three month old to go to bed at a reasonable hour of the night? We're really struggling with that, and even when I keep him awake through the evening, I still struggle to get him to settle before 11. Last night I was SURE that when he went to sleep at 9:30 or so, we were looking at an early bedtime, because he hadn't napped for more then half hour stretches through out the day. But nope, at 10 he woke up, and so I fed him, then it was up, down, up, down, up, down for the next hour, literally at least that many times. So.....sigh. Last week I decided that he's old enough to reschedule to an earlierbedtime, and it worked beautifully one night. Not so since. Arrrgh! And two hours is all he can handle being awake at one stretch, after that we have emotional meltdown time. So, any ideas from any experienced moms out there? Please? Or isn't he big enough to do this yet?
*************************************
     Let's see, what else? I found a few recipes that I want to try for holiday baking yet. I found a recipe for making peppermint patties, only I need to see if in the end it's going to be "cheaper" to make my own rather then just buying them. I found a recipe for thumbprint jam cookies that I want to try. I got that inspiration from Kay's blog.
*************************************
     We have ladies Bible study tonight, and we are going to start the book "Having a Mary Heart In a Martha World". I read through the first chapter (barely had time for that, HA!), and I'm looking forward to discussing it tonight. I have a few questions though.  I'd like to know why everyone thinks I have "so much time on your hands, why you only have one child". Ha! I realize that life would be busier with more children but still...  And why do we place expectations on ourselves that certain things are good and Godly and Biblical to do, when the Bible doesn't say anything about it?  Like homeschooling, and raising your own food, and nursing your baby instead of bottle feeding, and having lots of children, and stuff like that? (So I thought I'd pick close-to-home subjects.) I mean, that's all stuff that I do/would like to do (not sure right now about the lots of children part), but in the end does it really matter?
*************************************
Benny has been sleeping for the last few hours (it's afternoon now). He needed to. I hope he cooperates tonight though. I think I shall publish this post now.

3 comments:

  1. Nice post Charlotte, and I have a question. What would stay-at-home moms have to do if they did not have a garden and lots of kids and homeschool and do their own baking and all that other good stuff? I mean other than laundry and dishes and the usual house work and chasing after the spoiled only child and... Hm... Okay, dumb question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice questions and post Charlotte. If you get answers you'll have to let me know what they are. I've found I have to figure out what works for me and everyone else can just think what is the answer but I'm not bowing to that pressure. So what works for me is to nurse till 11 pm and then I get to sleep 5-6 hrs. And it's tiresome but it works for me. And the whole homeschool, lots of kids and all that are good questions. And the answer is all between you and Clark and God! Isn't that freeing? If you don't want to live like that you don't have to! I just wish I had time to garden and can and all that stuff. Anyhow, what is time? I wish I had time to read and scrapbook too. Instead I just read blogs like yours and comment all day! ....I think you're baby looks like he's getting fat and happy so that means you're doing just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your questions... Charlotte. I have asked myself the same. Are you expecting answers?

    ReplyDelete