Friday, December 31

This Christmas

Hi,
        I will try to sum up my thoughts on this the best I can. I hope I don't lose you. My mind went, (Does your mind ever do this?) Any way my mind went down an interesting path, and I got to thinking about what it would be like to be in Joseph and Mary's shoes when Jesus was born. Things come into perspective when you have a child of your own. What would it be like to come into town and not have a place to stay? What would it be like to have a baby in a barn? What would it be like to have your quiet invaded by a bunch of shepherds and then some weeks later by some very prominent individuals from a far away land? What would it be like to have a child like this? I wonder if Joseph and Mary understood what a precious gift to the world that they had in their keeping? Did they know that this little baby would change the entire world? Did they know that 2,000 years later He would still be the most influential figure that ever was and ever will be? I'll think I let your imagination take it from there.
       Kind of aside but along the same line. If you read those passages where men of God encountered God and all His majesty and holiness, it is really hard to wrap your mind around the fact that this same God was, by His own choosing, born in the lowliest conditions and was crucified like a criminal and three days later rose as conqueror. I am so glad He was willing to do this and that His blood is still more than enough to cleanse every sinner and make him new.
        Anyway these are few of the scattered thoughts I have had in the past couple of weeks.
        Here are a few Misc pictures from over Christmas time. They are by no mean an exhaustive and complete documentary of the past week, but just a few favorites. Well maybe not even related to Christmas in the exact sense........ Anyway here they are.


Gwen sleeping in Marmee's arms.
Observing the surroundings.
A new book for Christmas.
How does this work mom?
The family got a train for Christmas.
We did some snowmobiling.
The ladies scrap booked.
We had pizza for supper one evening. It was yummy!!
Much more I could say and more pictures I could post but I will stop for now. 
 Till later!!     

1 comment:

  1. Yes, we had a lovely Christmas. That pizza picture is getting to me. We'll have to have more of that soon. I'm must still be missing pictures.

    ReplyDelete