Monday, May 23

Busy Morning at the Bird Feeder

Hello,

          We had a busy morning at the bird feeder and it wasn't because of the cowbirds, Hooray!! I think we found a bird feed they don't like.  Yes, these were all taken today and I think a majority of them this morning in about one hours time.
There is room for a few more.....
Baltimore Oriole (Adult Male I believe.)
Another Baltimore Oriole (Immature Male I believe.)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak (Female)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak (Male)
Indigo Bunting
Cyanocitta cristata
        I think this was a record for variety for bird kind at our bird feeder. There was also a cowbird, a grackle, a goldfinch, and a nuthatch that happened by. My wife says she saw at least a half a dozen different orioles and about that many grosbeaks.

That's all for now!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like Gladys' bird feeders... She told me the other day with a sheepish look on her face, "I think I'm going into my second childhood, watching birds"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your 'adult male oriole'is a female. Sorry! ~Kayla~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would agree with Clark, I looked it up in my bird book and here are a few links as well. ~Amber

    http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/baltimore_oriole/id
    http://birdshooter.smugmug.com/Photo-Destinations/High-Island-Bird-Migration/11982418_mQWiR/1/849434703_NrnLV#849434703_NrnLV

    ReplyDelete