Tuesday, May 31

Summer and Stuff

Jalon R. and Benny after church Sunday.
    It's a classic Wisconsin summer day out there. One of those days that makes you want to just live out of doors. I planted garden while Benny napped. It's supposed to be nice the rest of the week. I read on AccuWeather today that those of us that live in the Great Lakes region might not have summer. Meaning that our temperatures won't top 90 very often. Sounds good to me!!
    Yesterday the family was here and helped us get our yard work done. It's amazing how much work you can accomplish with more then just two people. Maybe we need to hire some servants or something.
     Here is a picture for your enjoyment. It was taken several weeks ago; I found it the other day and remembered I threatened to post it.  Can't you just see the ego?
HOW REAL MEN SHOOT CROW
Don't worry, no crows were harmed in the filming of this picture. After all, pellet guns aren't noted for being able to hit their target at 100+ feet. Especially not crows.  

4 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the crows are generally fairly safe in such situations. Once upon a time I did aim the pellet gun out the kitchen window and successfully shot a crow. It was the most amazing thing. I shot and the crow fell over dead sideways and that was it. Soon after there was a large gathering of crows in the tree tops outside my kitchen window. A funeral? Who knows but I decided that maybe it wasn't worth it...to kill one and get hundreds. Clark's little boy comment was, "Stupid crow!" So much for me gatting any credit for my good shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to tell that story but figured I'd let either Clark or you tell it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting story, does anyone eat crow? ~GB

    ReplyDelete