Monday, May 2

Nothing In Particular

     It's COLD out there. And this is the 2'nd of May folks. The temperature is supposed to dip to 24 for the next two nights. I think spring forgot where we live. There were snow flurries, yesterday and today. But I'd rather have snow then be facing my life blown apart by tornadoes.
     Lets see...the royal wedding. I didn't pay a lot of attention to it, until I woke up Friday morning and it was plastered all over the news. And so I watched clips and read articles and stuff. I think Americans could stand to learn a few things from the British. The wedding looked pretty simple to me. Yes, I know it cost 30+ million. More because of who it was then what it was. I liked her dress. Sure, it wasn't anything I would wear, but compared to your general run of the mill stuff you see now days, it was pretty good.  I didn't know hats were such a big thing in English fashions. And for some reason I thought the Queen was a widow. Not sure why I had that impression. Clark's comment: "You ladies are enjoying the news aren't you?" Yes dear. Lance's comment: "What's the big deal about the royal wedding?" Ummm yeah, the ladies were way more into it then the men.
     So then this morning, we woke up and saw the news about Osama bin Laden. And Clark just taught Sunday School yesterday on Non-resistance. So, I wondered, what's our reaction to the news? Are we happy? Or sad? Or neutral? I think I'm mostly neutral. And sorry for his soul. I think what's most intriguing to me about it, is the detective work to figure out where he was. I've always enjoyed stories about espionage.
     And now for the local news from our house. A certain two-foot boy has the radar to know when Mom is taking a shower. Either he pounds on the bathroom door calling for "Mam-mam", or the house gets quiet as he digs in things he knows are off limits, like Mommy's basket by her chair.  The spice of human naughtiness manifests its self very young.
     I started spring cleaning my house. I managed to get a whole bag of trash from just my living room. How did that happen I want to know? I like living in small houses, you simply can't accumulate. But I have two totes of clothing already full of clothes for my baby. That does not make me happy, but I don't think I'm going to give it away, because I do not want the hassle of trying to find clothes for another child someday. But if I have a little girl next, well, the amount of clothing totes is sort of mind boggling. And I wonder, do I really need that much stuff?! I talked to another mom with ten children that lives in a house the size of mine. And she said she had the same problem. Which made me feel a little better.
     My brain dump is complete now. I brain dumped to Clark last night, and then composed another essay  in my mind on something else in the middle of the night. Because I need to sort my thoughts about it in case I ever get in a situation where I won't be able to remain silent, but I need to be tactful. Tactfulness is not a huge character trait of mine.
    A nice warm spring to you! :)

4 comments:

  1. Very nice post, Charlotte. Hmmm, I have to wonder how many of us women laid awake last night composing essays. :) Good idea to let it cook and consider tact there. I liked that last paragraph a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it... I have totes full of clothing that get in my way all the time. I think I shall have to banish some of them to the dungeon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to see that two foot boy! :) When are you vacationing south? We have spring here. We'll do a cook out and go to the children's zoo and what else? :)
    I enjoyed the paragraphs about the royal wedding. I was thinking too about the hats and wedding dress and proper procedures. We Americans are pretty sloppy and laid back I think.
    About Osama....I thought the same thoughts. One person brought out that we reap what we sow and he sowed violence and now he's reaping it. There doesn't have to be glee over the facts...but maybe trust that God's ways still stand...
    And I don't know what tact is either....I like to think I'm learning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your blog as always and I think I may be able to post a comment again. I'm not sure why I couldn't for a while.
    It would have been hard to imagine 15 years ago that you would be wanting to be tactful. :) I think you are growing in that area though so keep it up. I think even one of your brothers mentioned something about that recently.
    I so need to get my hands on that Benny baby again... I can still call him a baby a little while yet, can't I?

    ReplyDelete